Thursday, March 24, 2011

Man in the attic

"Haaaaaa",cover your big fat mouth when you yawn Sangee,I could virtually hear my mum yelling at me.12.30 am,probably time to call it a day.So I switched off my Macbook Pro and stapled the papers together so that I wouldn't have to wake up to a mess.I was about to lock the door of the study room when I heard footsteps above me."Haa,no one has been up in the attic in years,I wouldn't be suprised if all the animals from Amazon were living up there",Ï thought to myself.And then I heard it again.This time it was louder and it was as though someone was running.I panicked and pressed the intercom swiftly."Sam,SAM,can you hear me,there's someone up in the attic and I want you here right away.I am on my way now,Ma'am''.There was then complete silence and then I heard again."Thump,tap,thump,tap".But this time,it was not coming from the attic.It sounded as though it was coming from somewhere nearby,somewhere behind me.I shut my eyes tight and turned around.I know I shouldn't do this.Just like how when you start cursing the actors in a horror movie when they go searching for trouble.And I opened my eyes,the next thing I knew I was on the floor,flaccid.
When I opened my eyes,I was in my bedroom,tucked into my bed.I looked around,at one glimpse there was no one.I let out a sigh of relief.Then I noticed that something was amiss.I heard someone sing in the shower.Oh god,I have been raped,I have..
So this is what it was all about,break into my house,rape me,take a nice hot shower.Millions of thoughts raced through my mind.I don't want anyone to know about this.There is no way I am going to the police nor the hospital.
I froze when the shower door swung open."Hey Sangee,you fainted last night,so I decided to tuck you into bed.Oh boy,you were really heavy I must say.""Who are you?and what did you do to me?"I have never seen him before.He doesn't even look familiar.And what the hell is he doing in my bedroom.What is a stranger,a male,doing in my own private space!"By the way," he said,I am Raj,Raj Malhotra.I have heard about you Sangee,very impressive young lady I should say."I tried to cover myself with the duvet when I heard the word impressive.And he went on,and I thought I would drop you a visit.I came yesterday morning at about 9 but your security guard did not let me in.He said you were having some sort of conference with your students.So I decided to break into your house at night.But,you are worth all the trouble I should say.Beauty with brain.Were they talking about you when they came up with the saying."
I was just to dumbstruck to say anything,I mean he breaks into my house,very eager to meet me,why all these trouble.Ohh,maybe he has got a sick child at home that he would like me to have a look at.So I asked him,"so Raj,what can I do for you,I am pretty sure you have heard me from some doctor.SO,come on,tell me what's the problem? your children,are they all fine?"
"Hahaha,children,now now,the last I heard was I am single,and have been single all my life.A serious manufacturing defect I guess.A liability even to the reject shop.Maybe we have a little chat about how I am,since I already know tonnes about you Sangee.Care to leave the bed already?It's almost 10 am now.I will meet you downstairs,lets say in 20 minutes.I know you girls take a long long time I get ready".And he went off.God,I hate him,what on planet earth does he think about himself.I am going to finish him off in 20 minutes,when I meet him downstairs and yes,he is going to be single all his life because no women would fall for a man who intrudes her privacy.
And I meet him,downstairs,with unimaginable amount of food."You cooked all these by yourself?I din't even know I have so many things in my kitchen."Oh well,actually I din't,he said.Montgomery Cafe did.I know you love the food there.So I told them to bring it in especially for you.Now,please let me serve you,Sangee.
You know my name,you know what I like,and what I don't.And the last time I told anyone about all these was years ago,I am placing my bet on at least 20 years ago.Since the time I moved into my current mansion.Since the time....lets not get there.I looked up to him and I asked him,"so Raj,why don't you tell me a little about yourself.It would be really unfair if you knew so much about you and I know nothing about you."
"I am Cardiothoracic Surgeon,at the Royal Infirmary.I looked at him,and I said"You mean the Royal Infirmary in the city right?I work there too,for the past 20 years,but I have never seen you?"Oh well,the eyes don't see what the mind doesn't know,I guess.There was a very awkward silence."How long have you been following me Raj?You seem to know why too much about me.I have to say that I find it a little..."I just couldn't find another tactful word for freaky,when he said"scary,freaky?You want to know something Sangee.I have been following you for the past 15 years.And I first met you at a lecture,when we started off our respective training.You have always been on smart chick,haven't you.Everyone praised you,you are really good at what you do Sangee.Astonishing career,best in your field ha?"
"You are not to bad yourself,Raj.Cardiothoracic surgeon?Must be running around the theatre,making big money 365 days per year ha?"I only know him for less than 2 hours,but somehow the fact that he knew so much about me,made me feel comfortable with him.Although the fact I don't know anything about him makes me wary.
We spent the next almost 5 hours talking about almost nothing.And I din't put a fullstop to him and tell him to go home,he would have gone on for another 100 hours.We just had to many stories to share.A complete stranger.What has happened to you Sangee?At the age of 36,has the cupid found his way to your heart?

To be continued........

No comments:

Post a Comment